Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine Day

We are in prayer today and this week for pastor Gordon as he starts a healing process after a diagnosis at Lakewood Hospital ER of cellulitis. He has come so far in the healing of his knee replacement and now more healing is needed.
Today is Valentine's Day and here is a story from the calendar "Angels on Earth" showing how God puts people in our lives to help us along the path:
Hearts filled the florist stand where I stopped with a friend, but I wanted to forget Valentine's Day. My husband of 40 years was divorcing me, and I'd never felt so low.
I thought about my dad, my first valentine. Every year I'd wake to the heart-shaped box of chocolates he'd left on my pillow. And every spring he'd let me pluck the first lavender-colored rose off the bush in our back yard. Sterling silver, the hybrid was called. I never saw another like it. That lavender bloom was Dad's special gift for me. But those days were gone.
My friend picked out a bouquet and paid the florist.
"Excuse me," the man said to me. He held out a rose. I would have recognized the pale, silver petals anywhere. The sterling silver! "For you," he said.
I inhaled the rose's scent--an unexpected valentine, just when I needed it most.

Blessings, Diana

No comments: