Monday, June 14, 2010

Hello Friends

After a 2 week absence from this site, I am back. My computer has had a virus and my son has nursed it back to health. My visitation ministry has been continuing. A lot of Random Acts of Kindness by congregation members, in the form of meals for those home from the hospital, have brought joy to the givers and the receivers. This week the minister and most of the staff are at Lakeside for the Annual Conference. I will be calling on those members in the hospital or in need and referring any needs I can't meet to the pastor for his return next week. At church yesterday a member and certified lay speaker gave the sermon. The title of the sermon was "Forgiveness Through Faith". It was a beautiful sharing which included the song "What a Friend We Have in Jesus". I thought I would share the words with you in my blog as they touch my heart.

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

What a thought to carry with us through life. God's Blessings, Diana

No comments: